Sharing is Caring!
Security is a must everywhere whether it's your internet or gadgets like Mac or Windows computer security is a must. And keeping this in Mind Company made the Antivirus It’s a program of computer which is used to detect, prevent, and remove malware. Basically, the Antivirus software was developed to detect and remove computer viruses. Antivirus works for the computer to protect the virus which is harmful to our Data it can destroy your valuable data on the computer. Norton Antivirus is one of the best Anti-virus which developed and distributed by Symantec Corporation.
You can run this Norton on Linux, Microsoft Windows, and macOS to protect the Cyber-attacks and harmful viruses. Today Geek Squad Support Team Shared some common tips which can be faced by users in Windows and Mac opening Norton. Let’s get started!
- How to Fix issues opening Norton for Windows
- How to Fix Issues opening Norton for Mac
1. How to fix issues opening Norton for Windows
Mostly this kind of issue happens when Norton Antivirus updated in this situation you can take an easy step to restart your computer. If this not works then follow all these steps which are given below.
Step 1. Restart your computer
- Exit all programs which are running in Computer.
- Then Restart your computer.
- But the issues as it is, then go to Step 2.
Step 2. Download and Run Norton Remove and Reinstall Remove the installed Norton and Download again Norton software and Run in the System
- Download the Norton Remove and Reinstall again in your system.
- Now open the Downloads window folder in your browser, Press Shot cut key Ctrl + J key.
- Then Double-click on the NRnR icon.
- Check out the license agreement and the Click on Agree options.
- Press on Click Removes and Reinstall the software.
- Now you see the button of Remove of your Norton Software.
- Click on the Continue options or Remove.
- Then click on Restart Now options.
- Now after the restart computer, you follow the instruction on-screen to reinstall Norton software in your system.
We hope our Geek Squad Customer Service Team helps you to resolve these issues in Your system but in case you face any kind of situation you can contact Geek Squad Customer Service Number where our Geek Squad Norton Support team assist help you to resolve the issues on remote access.
2. How to fix Issues opening Norton for Mac
STEP 1. Restart your Mac system
- First Exit all open applications in your Mac.
- Then Restart your Mac system.
- Now after restart your Mac system, the issues are as it is the Go to Step 2 to uninstall Norton Software using RemoveSymantecMacFiles tool and reinstall it in your Mac.
STEP 2. Run the RemoveSymantecMacFiles tool on your Mac
- Download the RemoveSymantecMacFiles.zip file on Mac
- Then press on the Finder icon in the Dock in your Mac System
- Now on the menu bar click on Go option > then Downloads to go to the folder of Downloads.
- In the folder of RemoveSymantecMacFiles, control-click the on RemoveSymantecMacFiles.command file, and then press open with > Terminal which is the default. But keep this in mind to run this tool you logged in to your Mac System it is must you’re your Administrator account with a non-blank password in your Mac System.
- Now if you see the prompt that tool is from an unidentified developer, press on Open option to continue the process.
- New in the Terminal window, type your password of administrator and then click to return.
- Now remove all Symantec files and folders, type 1. But if you want to full quit RemoveSymantecMacFiles without removing any files then type 2.
- Then Press on return.
- Now When the RemoveSymantecMacFiles tool finishes the removing the files of Symantec, in the Terminal window, now you type y and click on return to restart your Mac system. Keep this in mind before you click on the return you save your work in other applications which are opening between processes.
STEP 3. Install Norton
- First Sign In to Norton.
- Second, if you’re not signed in then sign in through your Email ID and Password.
- And In the Get Started window, Press the Download Norton.
- Now Click on Agree to Download.
- And Click OK option to save and then open the file of Setup.zip.
- When Competed for your download, double-click the Norton Installer.
- Now Click on Agree and Install to start the installation of Norton.
- After this, If you see a prompt to join the Community of Norton, click Join Now Maybe Later up to you.
- Between processes when you see a prompt, then type your administrator account secure password, and then click for Install Helper.
- Follow the instructions which are on-screen to finish the installation.
- When the Installation is a Successful window, then you have click on Restart to complete the installation process in your Mac System.
We hope that our Norton Support security Guidance will support you for your Windows or Mac Systems. But If you are unable to follow or something else Don’t you can Geek Squad Appointment on our Geek Squad Phone Number (+1) 855-554-9777. Our Best and Well Experienced Norton Support Experts will Assist you as soon as possible and help you in your Facing issues.
Source: Geek Squad Norton Support